Saxon 1026AZ3 SC Refractor Telescope
The staff at Professor Plums rate this telescope as one of there favourites. It is a short tube telescope that can be used on land and space. This is the iconic telescope to have in your room if you have an amazing view. The 102/660 AZ3 SC Refractor Telescope comes with with Steel Tripod legs so it is super sturdy.
Short-tube telescope has an 102mm multi-coated achromatic objective lens and a focal length of 660mm. You'll get a heep of accessories to complement your viewing session - quality eyepieces, a red-dot finderscope and an erecting prism for terrestrial viewing. The telescope has a lt-Azimuth mount with steel tripod.
Even though it is a steel frame the total telescope is only 5kg so it is very portable.
This is a fantastic starter telescope and makes the perfect git for kids and young adults mums and dads.
What comes in the box:
- Saxon 26mm / 9mm / 6.3 mm Eyepieces: Featuring a 3-element design, these fully-coated eyepieces provide outsanding field correction and long eye-relief. Compatible for use on all types of telescopes.
- Saxon Red-dot Finderscope with bracket: It is a zero magnification pointing tool that uses a coated glass window to superimpose the image of a small red dot onto the night-sky, showing where the telescope is pointed.
- Saxon 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal (90 degree): It can give you a comfortable viewing angle and an upright, non-mirrored image when you need your telescope is a horizontal position.
- Saxon AZ3 Mount with Steel Tripod: It is a steel tripod with dual axis slow-motion controls
- Star/Moon Chart: The star chart shows the solar system of which earth is a member planet and the moon chart clearly shows the topography of the lunar surface